Build Excel worksheet for adjusting & tax entries, reconciling net income calculated on a book and tax basis-get any paid udemy course you want for free.
What you’ll learn
- How to build an adjusting and tax worksheet from scratch in Excel
- What the benefits of an adjusting and tax worksheet are
- How to enter adjusting entries into an adjusting and tax Excel worksheet
- How to enter tax entries into an adjusting and tax Excel worksheet
- How to reconcile book net income and tax net income using an Excel worksheet
- Should understand debits & credits and have some experience with Excel
Create a new Excel worksheet from scratch to be used in the adjusting and tax entry process.
This course is most beneficial to tax preparers and public accountants who enter adjusting entries but is also useful to anybody in accounting. Similar Excel worksheets to the ones we will construct can be useful for analyzing many areas of accounting, and the Excel skills learned in creating them are also very applicable both inside accounting and outside of it.
We will discuss the reasons for creating an adjusting and tax entries Excel worksheet. Some benefits of the Excel worksheet include the ability to enter adjusting entries in an efficient way and build an adjusted trial balance, the ability to enter tax entries efficiently and build a trial balance on a tax basis, and the ability to reconcile book net income and tax net income.
An Excel worksheet can be used to show the difference between net income on the unadjusted trial balance, the adjusted trial balance, and tax trial balance in an easy visual way. A worksheet can be used as a reference to communicate to supervisors, clients, and as a reference for us to look back at in the future.
The course will build an Excel worksheet from scratch providing tools to help with the construction for each step along the way. We will provide an updated Excel worksheet for most steps, allowing us to jump forward or to rework any part of the course without starting over. The Excel worksheets will generally have at least two tabs, one with the completed step, showing the end product, and one that has been completed up to the current step in the process, allowing us to fill it in with the help of the instructional video and the Excel tab showing the completed work.
We will then practice entering some adjusting entries and tax entries into the worksheet. As we add adjusting and tax entries to the Excel worksheet, we will better understand how the worksheet is formatted and how best to use it. We will see how net income is calculated on a book basis, on a tax basis, and how the worksheet will show the reconciliation of the two.
This course is not designed to give tax advice but to show how to construct an Excel worksheet to track adjustments.
The course will also discuss some alternative formats for building an adjusting entry and tax entry worksheet that can be found in practice. We will discuss the pros and cons of the different formats.
We will also discuss how to format an adjusting and tax entry worksheet made in the prior year so that we can enter the current year trial balance and data into it.
In addition to the instructional videos, this course will include downloadable
• QuickBooks Pro Desktop 2019 Backup files
• Excel practice files
Who this course is for:
- Tax professionals who want to reconcile book net income and tax net income
- Public accountants who work with adjusting entries
- Any accountant who wants to learn how to set up a practical worksheet to work through accounting transactions
- Any accountant who wants practical practice formatting Excel Worksheets
This course includes:
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 29 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
If this course was expired means read our disclosure.
[su_button url=”https://t.me/campusjob_freeudemycourses” target=”blank” size=”11″ center=”yes” radius=”round”]Join Telegram[/su_button]