Learn how to create personalized user guides with DITA XML by profiling (conditioning) content and flagging profiles.
What you’ll learn
- End-to-End Configure, Use and Produce Profiled Content in DITA XML
- How to Configure Profiling in Oxygen XML Author
- What is Flagging and When to Flag Content
- Generate Single-Sourced Profiled Output
- Technical Writing Experience with DITA XML
If you are already familiar with technical writing using DITA XML but you still want to know about filtering and flagging options, this course is for you.
In this advanced-level course for DITA XML technical writers, you will quickly and easily learn how to use profiling and how to activate flagging using the Oxygen XML Author tool.
Our lead instructor, Jordan Stanchev, shares his vast experience in writing in DITA XML and this time focuses on the profiling (conditioning) of the text.
How is this course organized?
Section 1: Profiling
You will learn how to profile (condition) the content in DITA XML using Oxygen XML Author.
I will show you the different levels on which profiling can happen in DITA. You will learn to profile an entire map and a topic in your map.
We then shall drill down into profiling on single topic elements, looking at this low-level where profiling can happen.
Section 2: Flagging
You will learn how to flag profiled content in DITA.
Flagging is a very cool feature of DITA XML, that allows you to highlight, or in other words, to make content with a different look and feel in the output. All of the highlights happen automatically, based on the profiling conditions applied and the flag you have chosen to activate these highlights.
The flags you can choose from in DITA XML are:
- Background color highlight. You can specify a background color to be added in the output to the content that has been profiled with a specific profiling value.
- Text highlight. You can specify texts to appear when the profiling has been used. Not only that, you can even have different text that appears before and another one that appears after the profiled text for different profiling values!
- Image-based highlight. You can create a custom image, that matches better your brand and preferences. And then you can use that image to highlight profiled text!
Who this course is for:
- Technical Writers Curious About Advanced Usage of DITA XML
- Information Architects with DITA XML Experience
- Managers of Technical Writers
- Technical Writers Who Want to Explore the Capabilities of DITA
This course includes:
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
If this course was expired means read our disclosure.