Master the fundamentals and begin your journey into android application development today!
What you’ll learn
- How to create your own Android applications using Android Studio and the Kotlin programming language.
- How to test and upload your applications on your own physical/emulated devices.
- How to design app layouts using linear and constraint layouts.
- How to use binding objects (view binding and data binding) to improve projects.
- How to implement navigation and fragments into your applications to have dynamic apps.
- How to implement view models and live data.
- We will create 6 full fledge application as well as many more “learning” applications throughout the course.
- A basic understanding of computer programing principals such as variables, conditionals, loops, and functions. I will explain the basics as I go along but won’t spend time to explicitly teach them.
- A computer capable or running Android Studio (please see system requirements).
- A computer capable of running the Android Emulator (please see system requirements) or a physical android device for testing.
- Have you found yourself confused, lost, or frustrated when following complicated Android Studio guides, not fully understanding what was going on?
- Have you always wanted to make your own mobile application but never new where to start?
- Are you looking to code in Kotlin, Google’s official language for Android application development?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above then this course is for you! The Art of Doing: Dive Into Android Development with Kotlin is a course that takes the time to lay a foundation and build upon it. We won’t just get Android studio installed and rush through all it does for us in creating a project. Instead, we will walk through each file created and the given starter code, so you feel like you are in control of the applications you are writing! We’ll continue on this trend of fully explaining and gaining a mastery level understanding of concepts as we explore various views, layout styles, view and data binding, fragments and navigation, and lastly MVVM architecture.
I’m a self learner. I know what it is like to try to teach yourself a subject and be left following code someone else wrote but not fully understanding what you’ve done. I’ve gone through various tutorials, constantly asking myself “what does this line mean?”, “Why did they do that here?”, “How does this actually work?”. Those frustrations helped motivate me to create this course. While I may be a self taught programmer, I am a Master Teacher with a depth of experience in education. I know how to teach, how to relate high level concepts at a fundamental level, and what makes knowledge stick.
So often, when students ask for advice they are told to, “Go build something” or “Get involved on a project” but have no idea what projects to build or get involved in. This course will set you on your way! In this course I will walk you though, step by step, on how to to design the layout and the functionality of unique, engaging, and purposeful apps. By the end of this course, I promise that you will be coming up with your own app ideas and feel confident enough in your abilities to create them.
Together, we will work through 15 sections of this course. Each section will highlight concepts and ideas, explaining every step along the way and answering any questions you might have. I promise that you won’t experience any of the frustrations I had while learning because I know how important it is to not just introduce knowledge, but also to provide context for that knowledge to grow.
I’m sure there are other introductory courses out there that will try to teach you more…but I would imagine that the depth of knowledge in those courses is shallow. My goal for this course was not to expose you to every single concept or idea in android development but rather provide you with the structure and context to feel like you fully understand the fundamentals presented to you in this course.
Anyone can follow a guide and retype what someone else has already written. But by taking this course, I believe you will have the confidence, knowledge base, and ownership of knowledge such that you won’t have to follow someone else’s work, but rather create something from your own mind. After all, I believe the highest level of knowledge is creation.
After taking this course, based on the way I break down each topic and present the material, you will have a mastery level understanding of the fundamentals of Android Studio, Android app development, and the Kotlin programming language. I hope to see you in the class!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Android students looking to understand Android application development with Kotlin.
- Anyone interested in learning!
This course includes:
- 16.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
If this course was expired means read our disclosure.
Join with us to get free Udemy Courses with Certificate