Everything You Need to Start Making Great Music Today!
What you’ll learn
- A Brief History of Digital Audio
- Music Production: Hardware, Buying Hardware, and What to Look for
- Software: The DAW (Ableton Live, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, and other options)
- Working on the Grid: Rhythm and Meter
- Working with Audio
- A Brief History of MIDI
- How MIDI Works
- MIDI Effects
- Working on the Grid: Incorporating MIDI
- Working with Loops
- Drum Programming
- Introduction to Synthesis
- Synthesis with Samplers
- Starting from Scratch
- There are no requirements for this class. This class starts at the very beginning, and is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge of music production.
Welcome to the Introduction to Music Production Masterclass!
➜ Now a UDEMY *Best Seller*, and UDEMY *Hot and New*!
This course is “5-Star Certified” by the International Association of Online Music Educators and Institutions (IAOMEI). This course has been independently reviewed by a panel of experts and has received a stellar 5-star rating.
100% Answer Rate! Every single question posted to this class is answered within 24 hours by the instructor.
This class is for anyone who has wondered what music production is all about. Especially:
- Aspiring Producers: If you are just getting started with music production, this course will be the swiss army knife that you will keep in your belt forever.
- Musicians: If you have wanted to improve your compositions by understanding the tools of electronic music production, recording, and sound design work, this class is for you.
- Producers: If you are making tracks that rely on presets, and want to learn how to craft your own sounds, this is the course for you.
- Songwriters: Improve your compositions by understanding how to use the latest tools in your songs, and record them!
In this class, we start with the very basics: What kinds of tools do I need to produce music? We explore the various tools, then we start to learn how to use them for making professional music. By the end of this class, you will be making your own tracks on your own computer (no matter if it is a mac or a pc!)
This course follows the tried-and-true curriculum that I’ve used for my Music Technology 101 class at my university position. I’m excited to be able to make it available to you, at 0.001% of the cost of a University class.
The goal of this class is for you to learn how to make original music on the tools you already have, or can get access to inexpensively.
This course is NOT specific to any DAW program.
I’ll be using Ableton Live Suite 10 and 11 in this course as my main DAW, but if you are using any other program you will be able to follow along just fine. That includes Logic, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Reaper, Reason, Cubase, or any of the others. My method in this class is to teach concepts, so whatever I do, you will be able to do it in your own software.
I’m best known for working with electronic music, but I’ve designed this course to be as inclusive as possible when it comes to genre. We will talk about techniques for all genres, sounds, and styles. All genres are welcome here!
- The Essentials of Digital Audio
- Equipment: Mac or PC?
- Laptop or Desktop?
- Speakers or Headphones?
- All about Microphones
- What software should you get?
- How all DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Software works
- Building tracks using the grid
- How to read an audio waveform
- Programming drums and making beats
- Using audio samples for producing music
- Sample Rate and Bit Rate
- Using MIDI
- MIDI Guitars and other Instruments
- MIDI Effects
- Working with Loops
- Finding Loops (for free!)
- Sound Design
- Synthesis types (analog, modular synthesis, physical modeling, Serum, and more)
- Using Samplers
- Building Tracks from Scratch
- And much, much more!
If you are ready to start making professional-sounding tracks, this is the class that will start you on that journey. Get started today.
Dr. Allen is a university music professor and is a top-rated Udemy instructor – with over 100 courses and over 350,000 students.
In 2017 Star Tribune Business featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
** I guarantee that this course is the most thorough music production course available ANYWHERE – or your money back (30-day money-back guarantee) **
Closed captions have been added to all lessons in this course.
Praise for Courses by Jason Allen:
⇢ “It seems like every little detail is being covered in an extremely simple fashion. The learning process becomes relaxed and allows complex concepts to get absorbed easily. My only regret is not taking this course earlier.” – M. Shah
⇢ “Great for everyone without any knowledge so far. I bought all three parts… It’s the best investment in leveling up my skills so far..” – Z. Palce
⇢ “Excellent explanations! No more or less than what is needed.” – A. Tóth
⇢ “VERY COOL. I’ve waited for years to see a good video course, now I don’t have to wait anymore. Thank You!” – Jeffrey Koury
⇢ “I am learning LOTS! And I really like having the worksheets!” – A. Deichsel
⇢ “The basics explained very clearly – loads of really useful tips!” – J. Pook
⇢ “Jason is really quick and great with questions, always a great resource for an online class!” M. Smith
Students who register for this course will receive ongoing exclusive content and discounts for all future classes in the series.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner students looking to explore audio production.
- Experienced producers looking to create a solid “foundation” of tools.
- Anyone curious about how music production works!
Note: This Udemy discount (offer) will expire within two days-Once you enrolled means, You can an access this course for life time.