Learn how to cook popular dishes from Iraq to Egypt and other Mediterranean countries.
What you’ll learn
- Cook 5 staple Iraqi dishes at home.
- Mix spices to add classic flavor to Mediterranean dishes, including Persian lime, 7 spices, citric acid, and more.
- Cook at home basics like rice, chicken, steak, and soup.
- Very elementary kitchen skills; e.g. how to hold a knife.
- For one of the tutorials, having an air fryer can help to follow along with the instructor.
- Have basic kitchen tools like knives, skillets, pots, and bowls.
This course will teach you the essentials of cooking aromatic Middle Eastern, Arabic, and Mediterranean food. You can approach this course as a beginner or even as an advanced chef trying to learn about a new cooking style. While the course will start out with basics such as cooking rice and steak, it will get more advanced by the end. You are in for a flavorful adventure to learn about an exotic cuisine.
First, we will cover making Tikka and Okra Tomato Soup, two important dishes originating from Iraq and famous across the Middle East. You will learn the basic skills that you will apply in the rest of the lectures and on your own, as you experiment with other dishes, later on.
Next, you will be happy to see a world famous and vegan prized dish in Falafel from Palestine. This lecture will be longer than the previous two, and will include more about the ingredients used in Middle Eastern food. It will teach you the best way to cook Falafel, step by step.
Then, we will cover Yellow Lentil Soup, a dish loved by Egyptians and adored across the Mediterranean. You will be introduced to unique ways of adding ingredients you are familiar with to create a new dish. At this point, you will fully realize what makes Mediterranean food so aromatic and exotic.
Finally, the biggest secret in this course is a dish you won’t find anywhere else on the internet — Mandaean Chicken. Mandaeans are a group of people from the southern parts of Mesopotamia. The spices in this dish are heavily inspired by the Mediterranean cooking style but have their own unique touch. This is a prime example of how you can take these original flavors from common spices and ingredients and make your own unique Mediterranean inspired dish.
You are in for a flavorful adventure. Enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to learn how to cook classic Arabic, Mediterranean, or Iraqi cuisine.
- Beginners in cooking who want to learn how to cook rice, chicken, steak, and soup.
- Anyone who wants to learn the best recipe for Falafel, a vegan staple.
- Beginners who want to learn how to use spices in cooking.
- People who want to learn about Arabic, Mediterranean, and Iraqi spice mixes.
This course includes:
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
If this course was expired means read our disclosure.
Join with us to get free Udemy Courses with Certificate